If you’re a fan of chili, then you will love this vegan version! It’s easy, delicious, and a new favorite of ours. This chili takes about 30 minutes to make, from start to finish. And, you probably have the ingredients on hand, especially if your kitchen is a vegan/plant-based kitchen.
The star of this vegan chili is the ground beef/meat substitute, like Yves Veggie Cuisine’s Ground Round. Because this plant-based meat substitute is already cooked, as are the canned beans, the cooking time for the chili is only 15 minutes after the vegetables are sauteed.
I like to serve this chili with a dollop of sour cream and cheese, with a side of guacamole and chips. This vegan chili is a great meal prep option. Make it on the weekend and have it all week. It also freezes well and makes great lunches. My daughter and I are big fans and find it to be a filling lunch or dinner option!
Here’s the recipe.
The Easiest Vegan Chili
1 small onion, chopped
2 T canola oil
1 pepper, diced (any color)
2 small carrots, diced
1 12 oz package of ground round plant-based meat replacement (I use Yves Veggie Cuisine Ground Round)
1 14 oz can of red kidney beans
1 14 oz can of crushed tomatoes
1-1 1/2 c water
1 vegetable stock cube
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp chili flakes
1/4 tsp black pepper
Fresh cilantro or parsley leaves, for garnish
- Saute onion, pepper, and carrots in canola oil until onions are golden
- Add the ground round and break it up over the vegetables
- Add the beans, tomatoes, cube, and spices
- Add 1 to 1 1/2 cups of water, just enough to cover all of the ingredients
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream, cheese, chips, and guacamole. Garnish with cilantro or parsley.
- Lightly blend diced tomatoes, if you don’t have crushed on hand, or use diced without blending
- Serve with vegan sour cream and cheese
- Experiment with different vegetables like celery and mushrooms
- Top with any fresh herbs you have on hand
- Consider using this chili as a lasagna filler!
Have you made vegan chili before?Email This Post